Tuesday 26 January 2010

Sunset Photos






Im sitting at my computer, and i look up to see the sky changing colour, into pinks and orange's. The sun had just started to set. So i grab my camera a head down the street, to try and grab a few shots. I live near some pylons, so i had to get quite far down the road before i could take any photos, otherwise there would be a great big pylon in the way of the sunset.
I tryed to shoot in different modes. I first had the camera set to Auto, and was saving the photos as jpg's. These were coming out well, altho i wanted capture more of the colour in the photo. So i set the camera to save files to RAW, as i read that it helps when your editing photos later, because it dosnt process the photo in camera, whereas a jpg does. I didnt really notice anything different about the image being shown on my display.
I then put the camera into Aperture Priorty mode. I tryed using F.16, i didnt have a tripod with me, so it was harder to keep the camera steady, because the shutter was being left open longer. So i then put it on F.10. Which was ok, but i felt i was getting better results in Auto.
So not having anything to lean on nearby, i decided to put it back into Auto mode because the light was going fast.
These are some of the images i captured. The first three have been edited using Lightroom, mostly because i shot them in RAW, so they had to be converted into JPG's in order to upload them onto here. The last two were shot in JPG, and havent been edited in any way.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Steve here,
    Your images and written work are really relevant to the course and the criteria. The detail and style of written work is also well documented.
    Make sure you start to study and see where each criteria has to be met on your sheets, which link in with unit 1 to begin with.

    ReplyDelete