Monday 25 January 2010

Over Exposed




When i went out to take some photos yesterday, i tryed taking a shot of a river, with a longer shutter speed. I had it on a 2.6 second exposure. There was too much light getting into the sensor, so the image was very over exposed. I lowered the iso to 100, which was as far as it would go. I also sped up the shutter speed a little to a 1.3 second exposure, to try and stop the amount of light getting in, but it was still too over exposed. I was in a hurry to move on so i didnt stay and change some more settings. I had the camera in shutter speed priorty mode, so i had no control over the aperture. The aperture was set to F.16. I could have tryed lowering the aperture to F.22 in manual mode. I also should have tryed lowering the exposure meter in camera, down a few stops.
I realise these images are not the greatest composed shots. I was merly trying to see if i could create a dreamy type effct, with the water in the river. I have had better success with these types of shots earlier when i was on holiday. The light was better for the shutter speeds i was using (two second exposure).
I have posted the two over exposed shots, i took at the river, and the one i took on holiday, of a stream.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Steve here,
    Nice to see your mistakes and how you rectified it evidenced clearly as it shows how you improved it via understanding camera controls.
    . Can you start to put the criteria numbers against you work in brackets to show me where you think you have met each criteria number.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    Good use of technical data within your blog entry and ticks off 1.4 and 1.6 and 1.7 really as it justifies your selection of correct kit with the successful outcomes.

    steve

    ReplyDelete